Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
At center, a crew member, most likely Kennett Rawson or Joseph N. Field, talks with two unidentified men at the embarkation ceremony for Donald B. MacMillan's 1926 expedition to the coasts of Newfoundland, Labrador, Baffin Land, and Greenland.
Rawson and Field were the youngest members of the 1926 Expedition.
About This Item
- Title: MacMillan Expedition ceremony, Wiscasset , 1926
- Creation Date: 1926-06-19
- Subject Date: 1926-06-19
- Location: Wiscasset, Lincoln County, ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 8.3 cm x 10.8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.13502
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Arctic regions--Discovery and exploration
- Arrivals and departures
- MacMillan, Donald Baxter, 1874-1970
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.