Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A crowd at the opening ceremony for the Kittery-Portsmouth Bridge, which was built starting in 1920.
The bridge over the Piscataqua River was completed in 1923 and was dedicated to World War I soldiers.
About This Item
- Title: Kittery-Portsmouth Bridge ceremony, 1923
- Creation Date: 1923
- Subject Date: 1923
- Town: Kittery, Portsmouth
- County: Rockingham, York
- State: ME, NH
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 7.6 cm x 10.2 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.6679
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Bridge construction--Maine
- Bridge construction--New Hampshire
- Bridges--New Hampshire
- Dedications--New Hampshire
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.