Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Merle Wadleigh, a tuberculosis patient at the Western Maine Sanatorium in Hebron, took this photo in July 1928.
He wrote on the back, "The Gate and San."
It was one of three state-operated tuberculosis facilities.
About This Item
- Title: Western Maine Sanatorium gate, 1928
- Creator: Wadleigh, Merle G.
- Creation Date: 1928
- Subject Date: 1928
- Local Name: Greenwood Mountain
- Town: Hebron
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 6.2 cm x 10.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2111, Vol. 2
- Collection: Madeline S. Brown Wadleigh photograph albums
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.