Contributed by Maine State Archives
Gertrude A. Jenkins of Biddeford wrote to Dr. Estes Nichols, medical superintendent of the Maine State Sanatorium in Hebron thanking him for his "continued kindness" during her tuberculosis treatment.
She wrote, "I shall always feel a tender memory for the San. and a life-long gratitude to you for your untiring patience and intuitive sympathy in my behalf."
Nichols founded the privately operated facility in 1901. It became part of the state health system in 1915.
About This Item
- Title: Letter of gratitude for treatment, 1908
- Creator: Jenkins, Gertrude A.
- Creation Date: 1908-12-01
- Subject Date: 1908-12-01
- Local Name: Goodwin's Mills, Greenwood Mountain
- Town: Biddeford, Hebron
- County: Oxford, York
- State: ME
- Media: Pencil on paper
- Local Code: 2613-076, Box 1/1908, December
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine State Archives
84 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0084
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Western Maine Sanatorium
- Sick persons
- Tuberculosis hospitals--Maine
- Hospitals, convalescent--Maine--Hebron
- Maine State Sanatorium
- Jenkins, Gertrude A.--Correspondence
- Nichols, Estes--Correspondence
- Jenkins, Gertrude A.--Health
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.