Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
One of the Portland Packing Company's brands for its canned foods was "Old Orchard Beach."
The company's labels often included pictures of awards it won at international food exhibitions.
About This Item
- Title: Old Orchard Beach Clams label, ca. 1880
- Creation Date: circa 1880
- Subject Date: circa 1880
- Location: Old Orchard Beach, York County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 656
- Collection: Portland Packing Company scrapbook
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Canned foods-Labeling--Maine--Portland
- Commercial art--Maine--Portland
- Fishing industries--Maine
- Food industries--Maine
- Portland Packing Company
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.