Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A derrick in the pit of Oak Hill Granite Quarry in Belfast. The picture was taken in 1941.
The quarry began in the 1870s.
About This Item
- Title: Oak Hill Quarry, Belfast, 1941
- Creation Date: 1941-05-22
- Subject Date: 1941-05-22
- Location: Belfast, Waldo County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 13 cm x 16 cm
- Local Code: Photographs -- Belfast
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Granite industry and trade--Maine--Belfast
- Cranes, derricks, etc.
- Quarries and quarrying--Maine--Belfast
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.