Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The West Buxton Power Station on the Saco River.
Portland Electric Co. built the dam on the river in 1906 at the site of a former sawmill.
In 1912, Cumberland County Power & Light Co. purchased the power station. Central Maine Power Co. acquired the Cumberland County company in 1942.
The power station pictured here was replaced in 1947-1948.
About This Item
- Title: West Buxton dam, ca. 1912
- Creation Date: circa 1912
- Subject Date: circa 1912
- Location: Buxton, York County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 14 cm x 9 cm
- Local Code: Photographs--Buxton
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Central Maine Power Company
- Cumberland County Power and Light Co.
- Hydroelectric power--Maine--Buxton
- Power industry--Maine--Buxton
- Saco River (N.H. and Me.)
- Water power--Maine--Buxton
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.