Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Members of the 17th Maine Infantry Regiment Band are shown at the headquarters of Brig. General Alexander Hays.
Identified in the photograph are, front row, from left, Brown, Smith, Jones, Charles, Hubbard, Ford, Goodwin, Capt. Corts, Brig. Gen. Hays, Lt. White, Lt. Tracy, Cap. Tomlinson, Cap. Darling.
In the middle row, from left, are McDonald, Gammon, Wheeler, Stevens, Hosmer, Capt. Houghton, Col. West, Lt. Libby, Lt. Noyes.
In the back row, from left, are McArdle, Rowell, Atkinson, Goodwin, Lt. Judkins, Lt. Thayer.
About This Item
- Title: 17th Maine Regiment Band, Virginia, ca. 1864
- Creation Date: circa 1864
- Subject Date: circa 1864
- Location: VA
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 6.8 cm x 8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2293, Scrapbook 3
- Collection: Capt. Granville F. Sparrow Civil War collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Group portraits
- Maine--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Regimental histories
- Military bands
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Regimental histories
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 17th (1861-1865)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.