Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Granville Sparrow (1838-1907) of Portland was named captain of Company B, 17th Maine Infantry in 1864. He joined the regiment in the summer of 1862.
About This Item
- Title: Granville Sparrow, ca. 1864
- Creation Date: circa 1864
- Subject Date: circa 1864
- Location: USA
- Media: photographic print
- Dimensions: 2.4 cm x 1.9 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2293, Scrapbook 3
- Collection: Capt. Granville F. Sparrow Civil War collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Military service, Voluntary
- Sparrow, Granville Fontaine, 1837-1907--Portrait photographs
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 17th (1861-1865)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.