Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Granville Sparrow of Portland, who served for three years in the U.S. Army Co. A, 17th Maine Volunteer Regiment.
The photo may have been taken at the time of one of his promotions in rank.
About This Item
- Title: Granville Sparrow, 17th Maine Volunteers, ca. 1863
- Creation Date: circa 1863
- Subject Date: circa 1863
- Media: photographic print
- Dimensions: 2.5 cm x 2 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2293, Scrapbook 3
- Collection: Capt. Granville F. Sparrow Civil War collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Military promotion
- Military service, Voluntary
- Sparrow, Granville Fontaine, 1837-1907--Portrait photographs
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army--Promotions
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 17th (1861-1865)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.