Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Granville Sparrow of Portland was promoted to second lieutenant of the A Company of the Seventeenth Maine Regiment in June 1863.
Sparrow enlisted in the summer of 1862.
About This Item
- Title: Sparrow promotion certificate, 1863
- Creation Date: 1863-06-13
- Subject Date: 1863-06-13
- Location: USA
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 27.5 cm x 39 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2293, Scrapbook 3
- Collection: Capt. Granville F. Sparrow Civil War collection
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Military promotion
- Military service, Voluntary
- Sparrow, Granville Fontaine, 1837-1907
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army--Promotions
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 17th (1861-1865)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.