Contributed by Ambajejus Boom House Museum
Bateau crew working pulp down the West Branch of the Machias River. With their shallow draft and stability, bateaux were good for working a log drive.
About This Item
- Title: Bateaux, Ambajejus, ca. 1950
- Creation Date: circa 1950
- Subject Date: circa 1950
- Location: T1 R9 WELS, Piscataquis County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 18 cm x 24 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Northern Maine Paper Company--Employees
- Log transportation--Maine
- Machias River (Me.)
- Lumber industry--Maine
- Log driving--Maine
For more information about this item, contact:Ambajejus Boom House Museum
PO Box 362, Ambajejus Lake, Millinocket, ME 04462
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.