Contributed by New Sweden Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Ski Jumper on Ringdall Hill Ski Jump, New Sweden, Maine. Ski jumping was a part of the nordic ski heritage in the Swedish Colony settlements in Maine. Skiers came from all over to use this jump during the New Sweden Winter Carnivals.
About This Item
- Title: Ski Jumper, New Sweden, ca. 1935
- Creation Date: circa 1935
- Subject Date: circa 1935
- Local Name: Ringdall Hill
- Town: New Sweden
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 7.5 cm x 12.5 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Ski jumping--Maine--New Sweden
- Winter carnivals--Maine--New Sweden
- Skiing--Maine--New Sweden
- Winter sports--Maine--New Sweden
- Swedish Americans--Maine
For more information about this item, contact:New Sweden Historical Society
116 Station Road, New Sweden, ME 04762
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.