Contributed by Pejepscot History Center
The Androscoggin Pedestrian Bridge that links Mill Street in Brunswick and Bridge Street in Topsham, looking toward Brunswick.
The bridge was built in 1892 by the Topsham Land Corporation to help workers in the company's new Topsham housing cross the Androscoggin River and get to work at the Cabot Mill in Brunswick.
About This Item
- Title: Brunswick-Topsham pedestrian bridge, ca. 1920
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Local Name: Topsham Heights
- Town: Brunswick, Topsham
- County: Cumberland, Sagadahoc
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 16.3 cm x 21.5 cm
- Local Code: 1992.39.12
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Cabot Manufacturing Company (Brunswick, Me.)
- Androscoggin Pedestrian Bridge (Brunswick, Me.)
- Androscoggin River (N.H. and Me.)
- Pedestrian bridges--Maine--Brunswick
For more information about this item, contact:Pejepscot History Center
159 Park Row, Brunswick, ME 04011
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.