Contributed by Alfred Historical Committee
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Home of John Holmes, prominent lawyer and U.S. Senator from Maine. Holmes decorated his house with a balstruade that features wrought iron bows and arrows fashioned in the Griffin Blackstone Shop across the street. Locally, it is called the bow and arrow house.
About This Item
- Title: Bow and Arrow House, Alfred, ca. 1955
- Creator: Kelley, Mary Carpenter
- Creation Date: circa 1955
- Subject Date: circa 1955
- Local Name: Village
- Town: Alfred
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 25 cm x 30 cm
- Local Code: Holmes House File
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Holmes, John, 1773-1843--Homes and haunts--Maine--Alfred
- Architectural elements
- Legislators--United States
For more information about this item, contact:Alfred Historical Committee
Alfred Town Hall P.O. Box 667, Alfred, ME 04002
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.