Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Major James D. Graham, a U.S. topographic engineer working on the Northeast Boundary Survey, presented this map to Alexander W. Longfellow of Portland, a cartographer hired by Graham to work on the survey.
The map was central to resolution of the boundary dispute between the U.S. and Canada.
About This Item
- Title: Northern Maine boundary map, 1843
- Creator: W. J. Stone
- Creation Date: 1843
- Subject Date: 1843
- NB, Canada
- Media: Ink on paper, map
- Local Code: Coll. 185
- Collection: Longfellow family papers
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Graham, J. D. (James Duncan), 1799-1865
- Longfellow, A.W. (Alexander Wadsworth), 1814-1901
- Northeast boundary of the United States--Maps
- United States--Boundaries--Canada--Maps
- Canada--Boundaries--United States--Maps
- Maine--Boundaries--New Brunswick--Maps
- New Brunswick--Boundaries--Maine--Maps
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.