Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Deering barn on Bedford Street in Portland, as seen from Falmouth Street.
The building was part of the Deering Estate. In 1947, noted Portland architect John Calvin Stevens remodeled it for use by Portland Junior College.
The building was destroyed in about 1970.
About This Item
- Title: Deering barn, Portland, ca. 1947
- Creation Date: circa 1947
- Subject Date: circa 1947
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 28 cm x 36 cm
- Local Code: Photographs--OS--Box 7
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Deering family
- Deering, James, 1766-1850--Homes and haunts--Maine--Portland
- Portland Junior College (Me.)
- Stevens, John Calvin
- University of Maine in Portland
- University of Portland-Gorham
- University of Southern Maine
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.