Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A 1727 map of the land in North Yarmouth, northerly along the coast to south Freeport shows the Royal River and the Harraseeket River bay.
The surveyor's description of the map is, "A mapp of North Yarmouth begining at the north bounds of Falmouth and extending on the bay to Bungamunganug and so eight miles into the country northwest."
About This Item
- Title: North Yarmouth map, 1727
- Creator: Flagg, Benjamin
- Creation Date: 1727
- Subject Date: 1727
- Local Name: South Freeport
- Town: Falmouth, Freeport, North Yarmouth
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 44 cm x 76 cm
- Local Code: Map F 366
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Maine--History--Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Freeport (Me.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Falmouth (Me.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- North Yarmouth (Me.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.