Contributed by New Sweden Historical Society
Re-enactment of the coming of the Swedes in 1870 as the crossed the border from New Brunswick, Canada into Fort Fairfield, Maine, USA. W.W. Thomas is present in the re-enactment shown on his white horse. There were 51 Swedes participating in the re-enactment.
About This Item
- Title: Coming of the Swedes, 40th Anniversary, 1910
- Creation Date: 1910
- Subject Date: 1910
- Town: Fort Fairfield, New Sweden
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 17 cm x 101 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- United States--Emigration and immigration
- Swedish Americans--Maine
- Anniversaries--Maine--New Sweden
- Historical reenactments--Maine--New Sweden
- Sweden--Emigration and immigration
- Maine--Emigration and immigration
For more information about this item, contact:New Sweden Historical Society
116 Station Road, New Sweden, ME 04762
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.