Contributed by Great Harbor Maritime Museum
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student. More info about student projects.
Charles K. Savage created the Asticou Azalea Gardens at Northeast Harbor in 1956-1957. A lifelong resident of Northeast Harbor, Savage was owner and general manager of the Asticou Inn, which is across the street from the gardens.
The azaleas and rhododendrons seen in the photo came Reef Point, the Bar Harbor estate of Beatrix Farrand, a noted landscape architect.
About This Item
- Title: Asticou Azalea Gardens, Northeast Harbor, ca. 1959
- Creator: George Fennelly
- Creation Date: circa 1959
- Subject Date: circa 1959
- Location: Mount Desert, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 13 cm x 18 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Gardens--Maine--Mount Desert--Northeast Harbor
- Asticou Inn (Northeast Harbor, Me.)
- Asticou Azalea Garden (Northeast Harbor, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Great Harbor Maritime Museum
124 Main St, PO Box 145, Northeast Harbor, ME 04662
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.