Contributed by Great Harbor Maritime Museum
Northeast Habor Fleet Bullseyes getting ready to go sailing. The Northeast Harbor Fleet began running a sailing school during World War II and it continues to this day. Since this picture was taken, the Fleet has modernized their sailing school and now uses fiberglass Cape Cod Mercuries, Optimists, and 420's to teach students.
About This Item
- Title: Bullseyes at Northeast Harbor Fleet
- Creation Date: circa 1950
- Subject Date: circa 1950
- Local Name: Northeast Harbor
- Town: Mount Desert
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 21 cm x 30 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Organizations--Maine--Mount Desert--Northeast Harbor
- Mount Desert Island (Me.)
- Sailboat racing--Maine--Mount Desert
- Northeast Harbor Fleet
- Yacht clubs--Maine--Mount Desert--Northeast Harbor
For more information about this item, contact:Great Harbor Maritime Museum
PO Box 145, 124 Main Street, Northeast Harbor, ME 04662
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.