Contributed by Nylander Museum
In 1922 Olof O. Nylander assembled a display of photographs, maps and charts of the Maine Swedish Colony which he displayed at the three hundredth anniversary of the founding of Gothenburg, Sweden. The series of display cards, or samlats, each featured several photographs of homes, businesses and community members from New Sweden, Woodland, Perham and Caribou. This is the second in the series of 18 samlats.
Homes and farms depicted on samlat 2 include: Oscar M. Johnson, Carl Johnson, Sigfried Nelson, Albion C. Johnson, M. Johnson, John Carlson, Frank Anderson, Mrs. Sophia Nelson.
About This Item
- Title: Nylander samlat 2, Woodland, 1922
- Creator: Olof O. Nylander
- Creation Date: 1922
- Subject Date: 1922
- Location: Woodland, Aroostook County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 56 cm x 71 cm
- Local Code: NYW80.02
- Collection: Nylander samlat
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Business enterprises--Maine--Woodland
- Gothenburg, Sweden--Centennial celebrations, etc.
- Gothenburg, Sweden--Commemoration--Exhibitions & displays
- Swedish Americans--Commemoration--Maine
- Swedish Americans--Maine--Exhibitions
- Swedish Americans--Maine
- Johnson, Oscar M.
- Johnson, Carl
- Nelson, Sigfried
- Johnson, James
- Johnson, C. A.
- Johnson, M.
- Carlson, John
- Johnson, Carl M.
- Anderson, Frank
- Nelson, Sophia
For more information about this item, contact:Nylander Museum
mailing address: 25 High St, street address: 657 Main St, Caribou, ME 04736
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.