Contributed by Nylander Museum
In 1922 Olof O. Nylander assembled a display of photographs of the Maine Swedish Colony which he displayed at the 300th anniversary of the founding of Gothenburg, Sweden.
The series of display cards, or samlats, each featured several photographs of homes, businesses and community members from New Sweden, Woodland, Perham and Caribou. This is the 13th in the series of 18 samlats.
Homes and farms depicted on samlat 13 include: Albert Johnson, Nils Hemberg, E. A. Rosen, Peter Norbeck, Otis Johnson, Israel Bodin, Christian Olson, Erik Johnson, Carl Lagerstrom, Waren [?].
About This Item
- Title: Nylander samlat 13, Woodland, 1922
- Creation Date: 1922
- Subject Date: 1922
- Location: Woodland, Aroostook County, ME
- Media: Photographs, wood
- Dimensions: 56 cm x 71 cm
- Local Code: NYW80.13
- Collection: Nylander samlat
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Business enterprises--Maine--Woodland
- Gothenburg, Sweden--Centennial celebrations, etc.
- Gothenburg, Sweden--Commemoration--Exhibitions & displays
- Swedish Americans--Commemoration--Maine
- Swedish Americans--Maine
- Swedish Americans--Maine--Exhibitions
- Johnson, Albert
- Hemberg, Nils
- Rosen, A. E.
- Norbeck, Peter
- Johnson, Otis
- Bodin, Israel
- Olson, Christian
- Johnson, Erik
- Lagerstrom, Carl
For more information about this item, contact:Nylander Museum
mailing address: 25 High St, street address: 657 Main St, Caribou, ME 04736
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.