Contributed by Great Harbor Maritime Museum
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student. More info about student projects.
Lithograph of Green Mountain Rail Road train going up Green Mountain. The train was a popular summer attraction, but didn't last very long. Green Mountain is now called Cadillac Mountain and is one of the main attractions of Acadia National Park.
About This Item
- Title: Lithograph of Green Mountain Rail Road Train
- Creation Date: circa 1885
- Subject Date: circa 1885
- Location: Bar Harbor, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Lithograph
- Dimensions: 8 cm x 13 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Mountain railroads--Maine
- Cadillac Mt. (Me.)
- Green Mountain Railway
- Tourists--Maine--Mount Desert Island
- Sightseers--Maine--Mount Desert Island
- Travel--Maine--Mount Desert Island
- Mount Desert Island (Me.)
- Railroads--Maine--Mount Desert Island
For more information about this item, contact:Great Harbor Maritime Museum
124 Main St, PO Box 145, Northeast Harbor, ME 04662
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.