Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The South Portland Band. Community bands were prevalent in the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries and provided instruction in music and various instruments to young boys, as well as a source of musical accompaniment to community events.
About This Item
- Title: South Portland Band, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Location: South Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Photographs -- South Portland -- Misc.
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Youth bands--Maine--South Portland
- Bands--Maine--South Portland
- South Portland Band (South Portland, Me.)
- Music ensembles--Maine
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.