Contributed by Maine Historical Society
The Union Hall in Ferry Village, South Portland, was used by the South Portland High School basketball team prior to the building of the 1925 South Portland High School.
It later housed Battery I of 240th Maine National Guard. The building was demolished in 1956.
About This Item
- Title: Union Hall, South Portland, ca. 1950
- Creator: Portland Evening Express
- Creation Date: circa 1950
- Subject Date: circa 1950
- Town: South Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19 cm x 25 cm
- Local Code: Photographs -- South Portland -- Schools
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- South Portland High School (South Portland, Me.)--History
- Union Hall (South Portland, Me.)
- Buildings--Maine--South Portland
- Basketball teams--Maine--South Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.