Contributed by Maine Historical Society
The Central Fire Station on Thomas Street in South Portland.
The station was vacated in 1956 and remodeled as a youth center. It was later torn down and replaced with an A & P supermarket.
The new central station was built on Broadway.
About This Item
- Title: South Portland Central Fire Station, 1955
- Creator: Portland Evening Express
- Creation Date: 1955-04-05
- Subject Date: 1955-04-05
- Location: South Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19 cm x 23 cm
- Local Code: Photographs -- South Portland -- Fire Department
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- South Portland Fire Department (Me.)--Facilities
- Fire stations--Maine--South Portland
- Fire fighters--Maine--South Portland
- Firefighting equipment--Maine--South Portland
- Fire engines--Maine--South Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.