Contributed by Trenton Cemetery & Keeping Society
Workers in the Mess Hall at the #154 Bar Harbor Camp of the Civilian Conservation Corps located on the Eagle Lake Road.
Part of President Franklin D. Roosevelt's New Deal, the CCC put young men to work in state and national parks and forests.
About This Item
- Title: CCC Mess Hall workers, Bar Harbor, 1940
- Creation Date: 1940
- Subject Date: 1940
- Bar Harbor, Hancock County, ME
- Mount Desert, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Collection: Bob Leland Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Kitchens--Maine--Mount Desert Island
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.)--People--Maine--Bar Harbor
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.)--Facilities--Maine--Bar Harbor
- Acadia National Park (Me.)
- Work camps--Maine--Bar Harbor
- Mount Desert Island (Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Trenton Cemetery & Keeping Society
, Trenton, ME 04605
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.