Contributed by Trenton Cemetery & Keeping Society
The Mess Hall was part of the #154 Bar Harbor Camp of the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) located on the Eagle Lake Road.
The Civilian Conservation Corps was designed to bring together "wasted resources," young men and the land. These young men worked in National and State Parks to revitalize the forests and landscape that made up the parks.
About This Item
- Title: Civilian Conservation Corps Mess Hall, Bar Harbor
- Creation Date: 1940
- Subject Date: 1940
- Bar Harbor, Hancock County, ME
- Mount Desert, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Collection: Bob Leland Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Dining rooms--Maine--Mount Desert Island
- Mount Desert Island (Me.)
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.)--Facilities--Maine--Bar Harbor
- Acadia National Park (Me.)
- Work camps--Maine--Bar Harbor
For more information about this item, contact:Trenton Cemetery & Keeping Society
, Trenton, ME 04605
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.