Contributed by Maine Historical Society
The Cott Bottling Co. plant in South Portland's Rumery Industrial Park, nearing the end of construction in January 1963.
The plant was to be able to fill 180 bottles a minute, which equaled more than 4,000 cases of soft drinks daily.
About This Item
- Title: Bottling plant, South Portland, 1963
- Creator: Portland Evening Express
- Creation Date: 1963-01-16
- Subject Date: 1963-01-16
- Town: South Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Photographs -- South Portland -- Business Enterprises
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Bottling industry--Maine--South Portland
- Beverage industry--Maine--South Portland
- Industrial facilities--Maine--South Portland
- Cott Bottling Co. (South Portland, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.