Contributed by Old Orchard Beach Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Roma, a Bellanca Sesquiplane prepares for a transatlantic flight in 1928.
The pilot and passengers are Roger Q. Williams, Pietro Bonell, Cesare Sabelli, and Dr. Pisculli.
The plane started out but returned with motor trouble, which prevented the flight from completing its journey across the ocean. The flight was then permanently canceled.
About This Item
- Title: 'The Roma' ready for flight, Old Orchard Beach, 1928
- Creation Date: 1928
- Subject Date: 1928
- Town: Old Orchard Beach
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 16 cm x 23 cm
- Local Code: HJScr3_p051_001
- Collection: Harry Jones Scrapbook Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Old Orchard Beach Historical Society
P.O. Box 464, Old Orchard, ME 04064
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Air pilots--United States
- Roma (Airplane)
- Transatlantic flights
- Runways (Aeronautics)
- Airplanes--Maine--Old Orchard Beach
- Air pilots--Italy
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.