Contributed by Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The daughter of George and Henrietta Goodall, Marion C. Goodall was born in Sanford May 24, 1875. She married William Henry Marland in 1903. She and her father helped plan the Henrietta D. Goodall Hospital which opened as a 50-bed hospital in August 1928, named in memory of her mother. William Marland took over much of the leadership of the Goodall enterprises after George Goodall died, especially as president of the Sanford Mills in the 1930s. He was a philanthropist particularly towards the Goodall Hospital and Nasson College. Marion Goodall died in Sanford, December 16, 1958. She is buried in the family lot at Oakdale Cemetery in Sanford.
About This Item
- Title: Marion Goodall, Sanford
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Town: Sanford
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Print from Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 15.99 cm x 11.96 cm
- Local Code: B220
- Collection: Index to the Glass Negatives
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
P. O. Box 276 505 Main Street, Springvale, ME 04083
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Nasson College (Sanford, Me.)--People
- Goodall Hospital (Sanford, Me.)--People
- Women--Clothing & dress--1900-1910
- Marland, Marion Goodall, 1875-1958--Portrait photographs
- Universities & colleges--Maine--Sanford
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.