Contributed by Belfast Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
George Dunbar, Belfast's steeple jack, atop the Waldo County Court House. You can see the bell in the cupola, both bell and cupola have been removed from the building. The building to the right of the Court House is City Hall. In the early 20th century, it was not uncommon to find Dunbar scaling the larger buildings in town, just for fun.
About This Item
- Title: George Dunbar, Steeple Jack, Belfast, ca. 1920
- Creator: Cook, Melvin Augustus
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Town: Belfast
- County: Waldo
- State: ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 14 cm x 8.5 cm
- Collection: Helen Shute Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Waldo County Courthouse (Belfast, Me.)
- Construction industry--Maine--Belfast
- Eccentrics and eccentricities
For more information about this item, contact:Belfast Historical Society
10 Market Street, Belfast, ME 04915
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.