Contributed by Old Orchard Beach Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Charles Lindbergh's Spirit of St. Louis rests in a hangar at Old Orchard Beach.
The noted aviator landed at the beach after fog prevented him from landing at his planned location in Scarborough as part of his victory tour of the country.
About This Item
- Title: 'Spirit of St. Louis,' 1927
- Creation Date: circa 1927
- Subject Date: circa 1927
- Location: Old Orchard Beach, York County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 6 cm x 4 cm
- Local Code: HJScr3_p043_002
- Collection: Harry Jones Scrapbook Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Lindbergh, Charles A. (Charles Augustus), 1902-1974
- Jones, Harry M., 1890-1973--Friends & associates
- Harry Jones Flying Service (Old Orchard Beach, Me.)
- Air pilots
- Runways (Aeronautics)
- Transatlantic flights
- Transcontinental flights
- Spirit of St. Louis (Airplane)
For more information about this item, contact:Old Orchard Beach Historical Society
P.O. Box 464, Old Orchard, ME 04064
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.