Contributed by Acadia National Park
Green Mountain Railway was a Cog Train to the summit of the Green Mountain (now known as Cadillac Mountain) on Mount Desert Island. Guests could ride the railway and then spend the night in the Green Mountain Hotel.
About This Item
- Title: Green Mountain Railway on Mount Desert Island
- Creation Date: circa 1890
- Subject Date: circa 1890
- Eden, Hancock County, ME
- Bar Harbor, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Cadillac Mt. (Me.)
- Mountain railroads--Maine
- Green Mountain Railway
- Tourists--Maine--Mount Desert Island
- Sightseers--Maine--Mount Desert Island
- Travel--Maine--Mount Desert Island
- Mount Desert Island (Me.)
- Railroads--Maine--Mount Desert Island
For more information about this item, contact:Acadia National Park
PO Box 177, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.