Contributed by Acadia National Park
The Green Mountain House Hotel was located at the summit of Green Mountain (now Cadillac) on Mt. Desert Island.
The artist is not known.
The Green Mountain House was built about 1880 and was a popular tourist resort for many years. The original building burned and was immediately rebuilt.
About This Item
- Title: Green Mountain House, Mt. Desert Island, ca. 1885
- Creation Date: circa 1885
- Subject Date: circa 1885
- Town: Bar Harbor, Eden, Mount Desert Island
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Paper and Ink
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Acadia National Park
PO Box 177, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Cadillac Mountain (Me.)
- Green Mountain House (Bar Harbor, Me.)
- Green Mountain Railroad
- Hotels--Maine--Bar Harbor
- Mount Desert Island (Me.)
- Railroads--Maine--Bar Harbor
- Resorts--Maine--Bar Harbor
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.