Contributed by Great Harbor Maritime Museum
Northeast Harbor Fleet One Design Number 5. A small fleet of these boats came from the builder and designer Bjarne Aas in the 1930s. Number 5 is still racing today under the name Tundra.
At the time the boat was the Queen Mary, sailed by Nelson Rockefeller.
About This Item
- Title: Northeast Harbor Fleet International One Design 5, ca. 1940
- Creation Date: circa 1940
- Subject Date: circa 1940
- Local Name: Northeast Harbor
- Town: Mount Desert
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19 cm x 25 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Aas, Bjarne--Associated objects
- Mount Desert Island (Me.)
- Sailboats--Maine--Mount Desert--Northeast Harbor
- Northeast Harbor (Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Great Harbor Maritime Museum
PO Box 145, 124 Main Street, Northeast Harbor, ME 04662
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.