Contributed by Great Harbor Maritime Museum
Buoy Boats on a trailer ready to be shipped to be used for the war effort.
The Mt. Desert Yacht Yard built the boats.
About This Item
- Title: Buoy Boats, Mount Desert, ca. 1943
- Creation Date: circa 1943
- Subject Date: circa 1943
- Local Name: Somes Sound
- Town: Mount Desert
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 18 cm x 26 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Boat & ship industry--Maine
- World War, 1939-1945
- Railroad freight cars--Maine
- Ships--Maine--Mount Desert Island (Me.)
- Oceanographic buoys
- Mount Desert Yacht Club (Me.)
- Shipbuilding--Maine--Mount Desert
- Yacht building--Maine--Mount Desert
- Shipyards--Maine--Mount Desert
For more information about this item, contact:Great Harbor Maritime Museum
124 Main St, PO Box 145, Northeast Harbor, ME 04662
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.