Contributed by Great Harbor Maritime Museum
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student. More info about student projects.
Five Buoy Boats on sea trials in Somes Sound, off Mt. Desert Island. They were constructed by Mt. Desert Yacht Yard during World War II. These boats were constructed on the Union River in Ellsworth rather than at the yard on Somes Sound.
About This Item
- Title: Buoy Boat Sea Trials, ca. 1943
- Creation Date: circa 1943
- Subject Date: circa 1943
- Mount Desert, Hancock County, ME
- Ellsworth, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 16.5 cm x 24 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Shipyards--Maine--Mount Desert
- Oceanographic buoys
- Ship trials--Maine
- United States. Navy--Trials of vessels
- Ships--Maine--Mount Desert Island (Me.)
- Mount Desert Yacht Club (Me.)
- Shipbuilding--Maine--Mount Desert
- Yacht building--Maine--Mount Desert
For more information about this item, contact:Great Harbor Maritime Museum
124 Main St, PO Box 145, Northeast Harbor, ME 04662
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.