Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Margaret Towne, age 16, of Berlin, New Hampshire, comes down the ski jump at Portland's Western Promenade during the Winter Carnival of 1924.
About This Item
- Title: Ski jump, Western Promenade, Portland, 1924
- Creator: Portland Press Herald, Evening Express
- Creation Date: 1924
- Subject Date: 1924
- Local Name: Western Promenade
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 8.3 cm x 10.8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.161.7357
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Ski jumping--Maine--Portland
- Skiers--New Hampshire--Berlin
- Winter carnivals--Maine--Portland--1924
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.