Contributed by Pierce Family Collection through Maine Historical Society
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
Franklin Pierce, a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, at home in New Hampshire on a Congressional recess, wrote to his friend George W. Pierce of Portland about the quiet political situation in New Hampshire and the lively political debates in Maine. Both men were Democrats.
About This Item
- Title: Franklin Pierce on Maine, New Hampshire politics, 1834
- Creator: Franklin Pierce
- Creation Date: 1834-08-22
- Subject Date: 1834
- Hillsborough, NH
- Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Collection: Pierce family collection
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Maine--Politics and government
- Pierce, Franklin, 1804-1869--Correspondence
- Pierce, George W. (George Washington)--Correspondence
- New Hampshire--Politics and government
- Legislators--United States
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.