Contributed by Pierce Family Collection through Maine Historical Society
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
Franklin Pierce (1804-1869) wrote to his friend and distant cousin George Washington Pierce (1805-1835) of Portland about his surprise at being elected speaker of the New Hampshire House of Representatives.
About This Item
- Title: Letter to George Washington Pierce from Franklin Pierce, 1831
- Creator: Franklin Pierce
- Creation Date: 1831-06-10
- Subject Date: 1830
- Hillsborough, NH
- Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Collection: Pierce family collection
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Pierce, Franklin, 1804-1869--Correspondence
- Pierce, George W. (George Washington)--Correspondence
- Legislators--New Hampshire
- New Hampshire. Congress. House Speakers
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.