Contributed by Pierce Family Collection through Maine Historical Society
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
Portland lawyer Stephen Longfellow (1776-1849) wrote to Maine Senator Josiah Pierce (1792-1866) asking to have a justice of the peace commission for Longfellow's son renewed and seeking action on several other matters.
Longfellow's daughter Anne was married to Pierce's brother George Washington Pierce, who had died recently.
About This Item
- Title: Stephen Longfellow to Josiah Pierce, 1836
- Creator: Stephen Longfellow
- Creation Date: 1836-02-23
- Subject Date: 1836
- Gorham, Cumberland County, ME
- Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Collection: Pierce family collection
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Justices of the peace--Maine--Portland
- Longfellow, Stephen, 1776-1849--Correspondence
- Pierce, Josiah, 1792-1866--Correspondence
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.