Contributed by Maine Historical Society
John Dillingham, a ship captain from Freeport, wrote from New York to his wife, Margaret, in Freeport about his homesickness and several business details.
About This Item
- Title: John Dillingham letter to wife, 1846
- Creator: Dillingham, John Griffin
- Creation Date: 1846-11-06
- Subject Date: 1846
- Town: Freeport
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME, NY
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 153, Box 1/4
- Collection: John G. Dillingham papers
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Dillingham, John Griffin, 1808-1869--Correspondence
- Dillingham, Margaret Dennison, 1818-1878--Correspondence
- Ship captains--Maine--Freeport
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.