Contributed by St. Croix Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A fire that began on December 31 in the heating apparatus of the Oxford Hotel on Water Street in Skowhegan burned several business blocks in the town. The hotel was deemed a total loss.
The hotel was in the Gould Block, a three-story building. The fire spread rapidly to adjoining buildings.
About This Item
- Title: Oxford Hotel fire, Skowhegan, 1908
- Creation Date: 1908
- Subject Date: 1908
- Town: Skowhegan
- County: Somerset
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 14 cm x 22 cm
- Local Code: 2005.01.001.029.002
- Collection: Cecil Miller Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
For more information about this item, contact:St. Croix Historical Society
P.O. Box 242, Calais, ME 04619
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.