Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The John J. Brown house, also known as the Gothic House at 86 Spring St., Portland. It was built in 1845 from plans by Henry Rowe.
In 1971, the house was moved to 387 Spring St.
About This Item
- Title: Gothic House, Portland, ca. 1920
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 10 cm x 15 cm
- Local Code: Photographs -- Portland -- Streets -- Spring
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Brown, John J.--Homes and haunts--Maine--Portland
- Historic buildings--Maine--Portland
- Rowe, Henry
- Spring Street (Portland, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.