Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The birthplace of Thomas Brackett Reed on Hancock Street in Portland.
Thomas Brackett Reed (1839-1902), a graduate of Bowdoin College, served in the Maine House and the Maine Senate before being elected to Congress in 1877. He was Speaker of the House of Representatives and pushed enactment of House rules that expedited legislative action.
About This Item
- Title: Thomas Brackett Reed birthplace, Portland, ca. 1915
- Creation Date: circa 1915
- Subject Date: circa 1915
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19 cm x 24 cm
- Local Code: Photographs--Portland--Streets--Hancock
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Hancock Street (Portland, Me.)
- Reed, Thomas B. (Thomas Brackett), 1839-1902--Birthplace--Maine--Portland
- Reed, Thomas B. (Thomas Brackett), 1839-1902--Homes and haunts--Maine--Portland
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.