Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A house being moved down Danforth Street in Portland by teams of oxen.
The photo was taken from 384 Danforth Street.
About This Item
- Title: House moving, Portland, ca. 1892
- Creator: Horace M. Dobbins
- Creation Date: circa 1892
- Subject Date: circa 1892
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Photographs--Portland--Streets--Danforth
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Animal teams
- Carts & wagons--Maine--Portland
- Danforth Street (Portland, Me.)
- Moving of structures--Maine--Portland
- Ox teams--Maine
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.