Contributed by Old Orchard Beach Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Roger Q. Williams, Lewis A. Yancey, Mr. Boedecker and Mr. Zebora prepare the Green Flash for its attempt at a transatlantic flight on May 28, 1929.
The plane flipped on the sand at Old Orchard Beach before takeoff on June 13 and was unable to make the flight.
About This Item
- Title: Fueling 'Green Flash,' Old Orchard Beach, 1929
- Creator: International Newsreel
- Creation Date: 1929-05-28
- Subject Date: 1929-05-28
- Location: Old Orchard Beach, York County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 15.5 cm x 25 cm
- Local Code: HJScr3_p019_001
- Collection: Harry Jones Scrapbook Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Hangars--Maine--Old Orchard Beach
- Vehicle maintenance & repair
- Transatlantic flights
- Green Flash (Airplane)
- Air pilots
- Bellanca airplanes
For more information about this item, contact:Old Orchard Beach Historical Society
P.O. Box 464, Old Orchard, ME 04064
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.