Contributed by Maine Historical Society
- Item 20778
- print page
- download web image
In 1984 these Stanley Steamers were driven to Kingfield as a pilgrimmage to the home of the Stanley brothers, the inventors of the Stanley Steamer automobile.
This item is in copyright. Rights and reproductions for all UPI (United Press International) images are currently managed by Getty Images. The Maine Memory Network includes this and other UPI images for educational purposes only, and cannot broker its use. For more information, please contact Getty Images Customer Support.
About This Item
- Title: Stanley Steamer rally, Rangeley, 1984
- Creator: United Press International
- Creation Date: 1984-08-09
- Subject Date: 1984-08-09
- Rangeley, Franklin County, ME
- Kingfield, Franklin County, ME
- Media: Photograph, text
- Dimensions: 21 cm x 28 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1880, 9,8 Stanley Steamers
- Collection: United Press International collection
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Stanley Steamer automobiles
- Stanley, Francis Edgar, 1849-1918--Commemoration
- Stanley, Freelon O., 1849-1940--Commemoration
- Steam automobiles
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.